Intro & Kang's Heart of Hope

Hello everyone! I know you're probably all rolling your eyes at me-I mean, this is probably my fourth or fifth attempt at blogging. But I'm going to do it this time!
Something I intend to do different this time is to NOT block myself in. What I mean by this is, in the past, I have always started a blog that was ONLY about writing and posting my stories, or one that was only meant to be a journal. This time, I'm going to post whatever's on my mind, and that may be a story. But it may also be-
Things I'm learning in my walk with the Lord
Family Life
Future Plans
Orphan Care
Recipes
Friend's Blogs or Good sites
Prayer Requests
and more!
So I hope you enjoy! And don't forget to follow. (There's two different options for doing this on the sidebar.) Also, if you are not on google+ you will not be able to comment, but hopefully you are on Facebook where I will share my posts so you can comment there. :)

I hope to discover an orphaned child to advocate for soon, but I would like to finish off this post by sharing Kang's Heart of Hope.
Here is an excerpt from a post about sweet Kang:
Kang is almost three. His lips are blue, his fingertips are blue, he is weak and he is small. He has little strength to do anything. Kang has a very complicated heart defect. I can only image that his parents took him to many doctors and most of them probably said that there was nothing that they could do – only big hospitals in the city have the expertise to do a surgery that would repair Kang’s heart. Maybe they took him to one of the bigger hospitals in the city? Maybe the hospital gave them an estimation of what the surgery would cost. They must have cried-ugly that night as they watched their little boy sleep peacefully without a clue that his parents were about to make a decision that would change his life and his story forever.
Kang_1

 Kang was abandoned just a few months ago. He is almost three, y’all, almost three. Think about your own two year-olds. Are they aware that they have a mommy and a daddy? Do they understand that you are there to take care of them and meet their needs? They do! And so imagine what Kang’s little heart must have done when he woke up and found himself away from the family he had known and surrounded by the chaos that is a toddler room in an orphanage. Busy nannies scrambling to meet the needs of dozens of children… crying children who just want to be held… fighting children who have learned how to get their own way… quiet children who know that no one will come.And so Kang’s broken heart that couldn’t provide his body with the oxygen it needed, broke again.We worked with the orphanage and they were able to get him taken in to the local hospital for some tests. The doctor said that surgery was necessary, but impossible. We took the results to some of the excellent cardiology hospitals in Beijing, and the surgeons said that surgery could be done. They suggested that they could repair his heart with one major operation, and that it would cost $20,000.Taking a deep breath we stepped back… wow. That’s a lot of money. We looked at some other hospitals and applied for a government grant. The government rejected Kang’s application, saying that it was too late, he should have had surgery years ago and that there was no hope.I don’t know about you, but the thing that gets me riled up the most is when somebody says that there is no hope. I think that the hairs on the back of my neck visibly stand on end. And so when the government rejected Kang’s application and refused to fund his surgery because they said he, “has no hope,” I decided that we have to do something.Yes, it’s true, Kang’s surgery is complex and there is a chance that he will not survive. But do we have the right to make this decision? Do we have the right to choose not to give Kang his only hope of survival? Where do we place our trust? Kang’s surgery will cost between $16,000 and $20,000 USD. This is a lot of money, but not if we stand together, a little here and a little there. It will add up. Are you willing to take the risk, to give Kang hope? His life is worth it.

Please pray for sweet Kang! And if you feel called to help monetarily, you can donate here.

 
-Christine