HEE Guest Post


Hi everyone!
I asked my good friend, Elisabeth, to write a guest post about her business, Hope Eternal Enterprises. She, along with her sister, make and sell hats, headbands, pouches, adorable stuffed miniatures, and more! And the best part is....40% of it goes to Chunmiao Little Flower to help the abandoned children of China get the life saving surgeries and care they need!

My (Christine's) little brother, Noah, wearing his minion hat.


So here is a wonderful way for you to give two Christmas gifts at once this season-the gift of a hat or other item to a family member or friend, and some of the care for a child in need. Here is the link to HEE's site: Hope Eternal Enterprises.

Here is what Elisabeth has to say about it. Thanks so much for doing this.:)



My young niece, Alahna, loves her owl hat.



Hi! My name is Elisabeth and I’m the business manager of Hope Eternal Enterprises (HEE).

Hope Eternal Enterprises is a small business that crochets and sells hats, headbands, scarves, and stuffed miniatures; December 2013-October 2014 we gave a percentage of the profit to an orphanage being built called the Master’s Home. We switched over to Chunmiao Little Flower because the Master’s Home was taken over by a bunch of aliens. Just kidding! But it was being run by different people after that (before it was some family friends), so we decided to donate to a different cause.

Once in a blue moon (I have never seen a blue moon, to my knowledge (wait, what is a blue moon???)), I am asked, “What’s it like running a business?” It’s difficult sometimes… OK, a lot of times… like the time when your little sister wants to take leave just so she can work really hard on Bible Bee verses for Nationals (she did get 21st Place, but that’s not relevant in this instance ;)… or when you have 5 orders to finish in two weeks by yourself… or maybe you need to make things to sell at a craft sale, but you also want to make Christmas presents for family and friends. It’s definitely not always easy, but I find it’s worth it, just knowing you’re helping people.

 
Another nice, Kya, modeling her birthday present-a Rapunzel hat!
One of the things I’ve learned is that when you’re in charge, it’s easy to abuse your power. Especially over your sis- I mean, secretary. Easy to give her the projects I’ve gotten bored with. Easy to ask her to do most of the work I don’t want to do. There’s not even a whole lot of work in the business right now, and it’s still tempting to dump most of the load on her, which helps me understand how some people get lazy so quickly because I’m the same way and I just didn’t realize it until recently.
It’s worth the difficulty if you are able to help people. I’ve always wanted to help orphans and children with special needs, and now it feels so good to have the ability to. I love that I can actually make a difference doing what I love. Well, one of the things I love. I enjoy writing, too. Maybe someday I’ll be an author and part of the sales from my books can go to help orphans. I guess a girl can dream. ;)

flower hat
When I started the project in early December 2013, it was just that: a project. I would never have dreamed it’s as big as it is now. I think the farthest we shipped to was Montana! Of course, there’s no way we could have done it without our good friends that helped us out in different ways, such as sharing it on their blogs (Thanks, Christine!), buying products and praying. Prayers are a powerful weapon.
Hopefully someday we’ll be shipping internationally instead of USA only. Hopefully someday we’ll be giving 95% of the profits to orphans around the world. Hopefully someday we will be able to take multiple orders at once because we have more people helping.
But for now, we’ll keep working our way upwards. We’ll keep trying to reach higher, help more. We’ll keep going and with God’s help, all things are possible.
 
-that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:7
Nemo hat